I can ride a bike now!!!

23 Aug

Alhamdulilah 🙂

My morning started at 5.30am today. Headed out of the door at 6.15am and took a bus to Ubi.

The warm-up started. Basically we chose a bike and took it for a ride around the circuit according to test route. No warm up for road. I got bike number 36 again (same number during the first TP test).

Line up according to our number tags and submitted our identification cards and PDL.

Break for half hour

Detailed briefing on test route and stuff to remember, mainly on circuit test route.

10 TP testers came down with our documents. We had to queue up again and we had to say our name and IC number, we got our documents back.

All wait for their turns.

Your tag number is allocated based on age. I’m considered one of the older ones. Mine was 15 and boy it was 15 in no time.

I wore my helmet and gloves. Walked towards bike number 36.
I started to panic when bike number 36 didn’t want to start. I went to bike number 24 which I have used before and it’s generally ok. It started. I switched it off before releasing the main stand and mounting the bike. I couldn’t start 24 either. I attempted to kick start but it would not come alive! I honestly don’t really know how to kick start though I have been taught. The instructor taught me and I got it then. Anyways, I went to another bike and it came alive, bike number 31 which I don’t think I’ve use before. Alhamdulilah it was a good bike.

The circuit part was a breeze except the plank where I was too fast, the tester there was Malay man and he said 5 seconds. We are supposed to stay on the plank and glide through for more than 6 seconds.

I panicked. I thought it was immediate failure and I started thinking of the next test date. Yea I know I should be concentrating but I couldn’t. Exit circuit and went to the road which was great as well except the long queue when going to u turn and make right turn. Left turn was good because I remembered to stop at the traffic light line instead of waiting behind the white line. Alhamdulilah. It was also super hot! I felt beat after turning back into circuit.

I kept in mind what one instructor told us during re- training; don’t delay when moving off because he noticed that those who do that never pass the test, it shows poor judgement on the riders’ part. Alhamdulilah Allah made it possible for me 🙂

Ended my test. There were 35 more testees to go. I sat down and rest while I recited some prayer.

We all went up to a room on the third floor and sat there waiting for the results. There were 10 testers, each in charge of 5 students. They started coming into the room one by one to call a few numbers. Those whose numbers were called failed and the tester would explain their mistakes to them.

…44,45,…21, 23,24, 25,…11,14,…6,7, 10…it went on like this…

After that the instructor read out the rest of the numbers and announced the good news.

Alhamdulilah 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: